Time spent with you on the telephone by your mental health professional other than for appointment information will be charged at a prorated hourly charge of $200 per hour.
Preparation of Forms and Reports
These require chart review and often, discussion with the client. There will be a minimum charge of $25 up to a maximum of $200 per hour.
Managing Your Account Balance
If mailing, please remit payment to Family Based Therapy Associates, 199 Coon Rapids Boulevard, Suite 306, Coon Rapids, MN 55433.
To ensure proper credit, please make checks payable to FBTA. There will be a $40 fee for returned checks. Thereafter, payment will only be accepted in the form of cash, credit card, or money order.
Court & Legal Proceedings
- FBTA clinicians do not provide disability determination evaluations or custody studies. FBTA clinicians will do their best to refer you to practitioners in the area who perform disability or custody evaluations, or other related evaluations for which they do not believe they are qualified to provide.
- FBTA clinicians do not perform court evaluations nor do they appear in court on behalf of clients. FBTA clinicians do provide psychological evaluation and psychotherapy to assist in alleviating psychological and emotional problems. FBTA clinicians are not typically trained for and do not maintain records with the intended purpose of court involvement.
- However, the legal process is such that we may be compelled to reveal information about you that could affect you negatively or undermine the relationship you have with your therapist. This can occur because the client-therapist relationship is built on trust with the foundation of that trust being confidentiality. Subsequently, it may be damaging to the client-therapist relationship if the therapist is asked to present client records to the court or testify as a fact or expert witness in any type of court proceeding.
- In the event that an FBTA clinician is called to court or our client records are requested through subpeona or court order, FBTA will charge the full amount applicable under state law or the usual and customary for our services.
- Copies of records will be made available for a $18.80 processing fee, plus $1.41 per page for copying. (MN Statute 144.292, Subdivision 6).
- If a FBTA clinician testifies in any court or legal proceeding, voluntarily or by subpeona or court order, regardless if the testimony is factual or expert, or to present any or all records pertaining to the therapy relationship to a court official, the client agrees to pay FBTA for these testimony related services (including but not limited to: travel, necessary expenditures such as copies, parking, meals, and the like, time spent speaking with attorneys, reviewing records and preparation or reports) at the rate of $200 per hour.
- The client further agrees to pay a retainer fee of $2000 two weeks prior to the appearance, presentation of records, or testimony requested. A personal check will not be considered an acceptable form of payment for these services.
Insurance and Payment
- FBTA is credentialed by most health plans and EAP’s including:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Health Partners
- Medica/United Behavioral Health
- Medical Assistance
- Midwest EAP Solutions
- Minnesota Care
- Preferred One
- Sandcreek EAP
- South Country Health Alliance
- Ucare Minnesota
- Value Options
Fee for service payments and co-payments are due at the time of your appointment. Deductibles and co-insurance will be determined when your claim is processed by your insurance company. Accepted methods of payment are cash, check and Visa/MasterCard.Our clinicians are in-network providers for most major insurance companies. We work directly with your insurance company and will make all reasonable efforts to bill your insurance company. We will make reasonable efforts to verify your insurance benefit coverage and to obtain any required authorizations.
It will be important for you to understand your benefit coverage. For benefit and coverage questions, please call the customer/member service number on the back of your insurance card. Ultimately it is your responsibility to know and understand your health insurance coverage.
Verification of benefit coverage is not a guarantee of claim payment. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions (e.g. authorizations, network requirements) outlined in the member contract with your insurance company.
We accept third party and fee for service private payment. Payment for co-payments, co-insurance, deductibles and fee for service can be made by cash, check, flex spending/HSA/HRA cards and all major credit cards.
Insurance Company Links
These links are provided as sources of information for your convenience. The websites listed are operated by third parties and we do not control or accept responsibility for content, services or products provided to you by them.