In the course of many people’s experiences as students, they will be affected by academic concerns. Whether elementary school age or middle aged, academic concerns impact how we live and the things we do. They can affect all areas of life–not just education–by creating undue stress and interfering with home, work, and play dimensions. Academic concerns are not just about that dreaded test or bad report card. They may be affecting someone you love or support financially and thus indirectly affect you. Concerns of an academic nature can range anywhere from child bullying and aggressive behavior toward teachers or fellow students to difficulty or disabilities in learning.
Academic concerns may include the following, among other things:
- Learning disabilities
- Lack of proper attention from school officials
- Bullying at school
- Inability to pay for schooling or lack of financial means
- Disinterest in topic(s) of study
- Confusion about or misunderstanding of topic(s) of study
- Under-achievement in studies
- Procrastination and time management issues
Counseling can help relieve the stress of academic concerns. If concerns and problems continue to arise and build up due to academic stresses, contact us today to get the help you need.