Licensed Mental Health Therapist and Clinical Trainee
Family Based Therapy Associates is a growing, woman-owned mental health agency serving the greater Twin Cities and east central Minnesota. A team of committed, client-centered providers, our average employee has been on staff for over a decade. We offer our practitioners significant flexibility and independence, a place of their own to grow, and support through free supervision, consultation, and referral and billing management. Find the freedom of private practice with all the perks of a large agency!
We are currently hiring Licensed Mental Health Therapists and Master’s Level Clinical Trainees in three locations: Cambridge, Coon Rapids, and Chisago City. To apply, please send a resume to Rikki Alstad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Licensed Mental Health Therapist, you will provide outpatient mental health therapy for individuals, couples, and/or families, collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to provide the highest level of care. The right candidate must display sound clinical judgment in both routine and crisis situations, should they arise. You will be responsible for completing diagnostic assessments, treatment planning, and discharge plans, and maintaining thorough, relevant documentation as required by state law and clinic policy. It is expected that all practitioners will participate in monthly administrative meetings and act in accordance with clinic and professional ethical principles and guidelines, relevant state and federal statutes and regulations, and HIPAA guidelines.
- Independent licensure or license eligible in the state of Minnesota in one of the following fields: Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or meet criteria set by the Minnesota Department of Human Services for mental health professional, practitioner, or clinical trainee
- Master’s degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Professional Counseling
- Engage in professional development through continuing education as required by license and maintain all relevant documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer competency and willingness to learn programs and technology used by Family Based Therapy Associates
- A willingness and the qualifications to work with children is desired, but not required
- Choice to be employed as full-time salaried, part-time hourly, or independent contractor
- Clear and straightforward pay structure: Starting salary range of $45,000-$60,000 for salaried employees and 60/40 split with independently contracted employees, negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications
- Hybrid work environment: You choose the balance of virtual and in-person clients
- Flexible scheduling: You choose your days and hours
- Manageable caseloads: Part-time employees and independent contractors choose the number of clients they see, while full-time employees are expected to bill 26 hours per week. Any billing beyond 26 hours is compensated in addition to the employee’s salary
- Billing, credentialing, and referral management: Our helpful administrative team takes care of credentialing with insurance companies, client insurance verification, billing challenges, and scheduling new clients, regardless of your employment status
- Cafeteria plan for full-time employees to offset personal health insurance costs
- Employer paid MNCare Tax for part and full-time employees
- Free supervision available for LICSW, LMFT, and LPCC and regular consultation groups
- Stipend for professional development for full-time employees
- 3% retirement employer contribution match for part and full-time employees
- Flexible time-off: Six weeks PTO for full-time employees and all holidays are floating holidays
- Room to grow: Do you have ideas for how to fill gaps in mental health services through new services or programs? We want to hear your ideas and help you put them into action!
- Local connections: Family Based Therapy Associates partners with Anoka County to offer residents free, in-home therapy and our providers can choose if they wish to participate